|Name of the Official||Designation||Contact|
|Mr. Anshul Garg, IAS||District Collector||01932-222337|
The Collectorate play a pivotal role in the District administration. Collector in the Cadre of I.A.S/KAS heads the District. He acts as the District Magistrate for maintaining Law and Order in his jurisdiction. He deals mainly with planning and development, law and order, scheduled areas/agency areas, general elections, arms licensing etc.
The responsibilities assigned are as follows :
As District Magistrate:
- Maintenance of law and order.
- Supervision of the police and jails.
- Supervision of subordinate Executive magistracy.
- Hearing cases under the preventive section of the Criminal Procedure Code.
- Supervision of jails and certification of execution of capital sentences.
- Arbitrator of land acquisition.
- Disaster management during natural calamities such as floods, famines or epidemics.
- Crisis management during riots or external aggression.
- Land assessment
- Land acquisition
- Collection of income tax dues, excise duties, irrigation dues etc.
- Distribution of agricultural loans
As Deputy Commissioner/District Commissioner:
- Reports to Divisional Commissioner on all matters.
As District Election Officer:
- Conducts Elections in the district, be it General, Assembly or Municipal.
- Acts as the Returning Officer for the Lok Sabha constituency in the district.
A District Magistrate is assisted by some following for carrying out day-to-day work in various fields:–
- District Development and Panchayat Officer (DDO)
- District Revenue Officer (DRO)
- City Magistrate (KAS)
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate(s) (SDM)
- Other officers from other departments at district level also report to him.